In honor of this quarter's knit-along subject, Elizabeth Zimmermann, we will be running this class using a classic recipe, the Weekend Raglan. This pattern uses Elizabeth’s Percentage System for you to knit a custom-fitted seamless Raglan Yoke sweater.
Elizabeth Zimmermann was a champion of liberating knitters to make their own design choices, and she made custom fit simple and easy. Her method using measurements and very simple calculations for finding your stitch counts is a perfect way to enter the world of knitting without a pattern, making your own designs, and knitting things that fit well on the first try! Once you master this method you can add your own design elements like cables, colorwork, lace and more.
We will be knitting a sweater in miniature to test her method on a small scale and learn to apply those skills to a full sized sweater with the measurements and design elements of your choice.
Note: Knitting homework is required between classes
Length: 3 x 2 hour sessions
- 150g of worsted weight yarn
- US 8 / 5mm needles in 16"
- US 8 / 5mm in your choice of double pointed or 32-40" for magic loop method
- Long stitch holders or scrap yarn and darning needle
- You will also need a sweater's quantity of any desired yarn and appropriate needles in order to start your full sized sweater in the last class. We will discuss this in sessions 1 and 2.
Homework before class: Complete a stockinette stitch gauge swatch using 5mm needles and worsted yarn to bring to session 1 of class.
Class Cancellation Policy:
In order to receive a refund for a class, cancellation must be made 48 hours prior to the class starting. NO refunds will be made after the class has begun.
Join our Email list and be the first to know about Special Events, Sales & More!